Apprentice Opportunity for the Inside (Electrician) Wireperson Program
ISLAND OF MAUI - POOL OF ELIGIBLE
The Hawaii Electricians Joint Apprenticeship Committee (JAC) offers a complete 5-year program incorporating on-the-job training and supplemental classroom instruction for the Inside Electrical Wireperson Program, and is accepting continuous on-line applications from eligible applicants for its Pool of Eligible in accordance with its Standards and Selections Procedures. It is from this Pool candidates are offered apprentices opportunities to fulfill the apprentices manpower needs for our industry. Candidates are kept on this Pool for two years from date of their interview
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY FROM - MONDAY, JULY 9, 2018
All applicants are directed to apply using our online system. PC or laptop is recommended, mobile optimization devices are limited. Follow the instructions on the application process. Only applicants completing their online applications and meeting the minimum requirements will be invited for testing.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications for apprenticeship as listed below:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age. Must provide document to verify age requirement (such as a copy of applicant's birth certificate or State driver's license or State ID card, etc.).
- Provide copy of high school diploma or GED, as well as all applicable transcripts and records to show evidence of successful completion of one full year of high school Algebra 1 or higher math or successfully complete the National Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee (NJATC) Tech Math Course (http://www.njatc.utk.edu/techmath.htm).
- Pass the NJATC Aptitude Test with a minimum score established by the JAC. To view a sample test go to (http://www.electricaltrainingalliance.org/SamplePage)
- Pay an Application Fee of $33.00 (non-refundable) at time of application.
- Must pass a substance abuse test prior to indenturing.
- Must become a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 1186 when you become an indentured apprentice.
- Term of apprenticeship program shall be on the island of MAUI.
- Must be a United States citizen in order to work on U.S. military bases.
Hawaii Electricians Telecom/CATV JAC will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. Hawaii Electricians JATC will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30.
To start the application process, click here to apply.
Any questions, please contact the Hawaii Electricians JAC at 1-808-847-0629.